Terms and conditions
By entering into this competition you agree to these terms and conditions:
- To be eligible for this competition, upload a photo of your creation, and details of who made it by following the instructions at www.primehotels.co.nz/kidscharity prior to 5pm on the 16th January 2012.
- There is a maximum of 4 photos to be loaded per entry.
- Only one entry per person
- Prime Hotels (the “Promoter”) its employees and their immediate families, participating sponsors are ineligible to win any prizes but may still submit photos for publication. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
- By submitting the photo, the entrant agrees to allow the “Promoter” the use of the image, at no cost, if chosen by the sales and marketing team to feature.
- The Promoter’s decisions on all matters regarding the competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, change or terminate this competition at any time.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who it decides (in its sole discretion) has violated these rules, gained unfair advantage in entering or has won using fraudulent means.
- Additional expenses such as travel costs, spending money, meals, beverages, insurance and all other ancillary costs are not included in the prize package and are the responsibility of the winner.
- No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries
- The winners acknowledge that the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any harm, damage or illness or injury, which may occur as a result of the winners winning the prize, and the winner accepts and uses the prize at his or her own risk.
- The Promoter reserves the right to (a) store electronically any pictures entered in the competition and to use the images for promotional and media purposes (including publishing the images on the Promoter’s website) without any further reference, payment or other compensation; (b) remove any entries that are deemed inappropriate, derogatory or that we believe infringe on another person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- The prize winner's name, photo and city may be used for promotional purposes in newsletters/website material and other media as it deemed
- The winners agree to make available their Gingerbread House for the purposes of further promotion of the event.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
- The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. Acceptance of the prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the winner’s details and photographs for promotional and media purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant.
- The timing of the accommodation component of the prizes are subject to availability.
- The Promoter of this competition is Prime Hotels Ltd Wellington – Kids Charity – known as “Go Ginger 4 Kids “ c/- PO Box 11-173 Wellington, New Zealand.
- Disclaimer: entries – no liability what so ever against the promoter or it’s associated companies including sponsors.
- All entries submitted must use the 'Wellington Children’s Hospital Ginger Bread House 2011'
- Entrants may be required to show proof of purchase.
- Except for the base, entries must be constructed and composed completely of edible materials. Edible materials are not limited to sweets.
- Disclaimer: Gingerbread Houses are fragile and there is a risk of gingerbread being broken. All care and advice is given to courier companies and distributors however gingerbread houses are not refundable and non-replaceable. Should you receive broken gingerbread, go online for ways to 'glue' pieces. Broken pieces will not affect competition.
Judging Process and Judging Criteria
- Judging will be finalised on the 25th January 2012. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email using the details submitted with the entry. Winners may be required to provide proof of identity.
- All rulings by the judges are independent and final.
1. The Best decorated Christmas House
- Wins an 8GB iPod Touch, 2 nights accommodation for 2, bubbles, dinner and breakfast in a Harbour View Apartment at Central City Apartment Hotel, a $100 Toy World voucher + a $100 protein cookie hamper, Value $1,000
2. The Best "Wellywood' decorated House- theme your house on the film capital of New Zealand and it's movies!
- Wins an 8GB iPod Touch a trial flight around our "coolest city"!- Wellington Aero Club, 2 nights accommodation for 2, bubbles , dinner and breakfast at The Abel Tasman Hotel, family movie tickets, a $100 ToyWorld voucher + a $100 protein cookie hamper value $1,300
3. The Best "memories of Kiwiana 2011" house- the years memories
- Wins an 8GB iPod Touch, 2 night’s accommodation in an Ocean Spa room for the family on the Coromandel- Beachside Resort- Whitianga (includes a day at The Lost Spring) a $100 Toy World voucher + a $100 protein cookie hamper. Value $1,000.00
Plus overall winner wins an Apple 64GB iPad.
The winner has the option to donate their prize back to the Wellington Children's hospital